The Italian Bramble Recipe
– 1 cup frozen blackberries
– 10 juniper berries (you can get them in the canning section of a specialty store or at a gourmet shop)
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 3 lemons, juiced
– 1 small sprig of rosemary
– 6-8 cups of ice
– Sparkling water
– 1 small apple sliced and blackberries as garnish
1. Place 4 glasses in the freezer. Leave them there to frost.
2. Put the frozen blackberries, juniper berries, and sugar in a pot with a tiny splash of water and bring it to a simmer. Smash the fruit with a whisk until it breaks down. Simmer for 15 minutes, then remove from the hear. Cool down for a couple minutes and place in a blender on high speed until pureed and smooth. Strain through a fine mesh and place strained content in the fridge to cool down.
3. Rinse your blender and add the lemon juice and small rosemary sprig and blend for 20 seconds. Strain juice into a clean cup and set aside.
4. Place the ice in the blender and break it down in batches. Just pulse it a few times; you want it to be chunky.
5. Take the frosted glasses out of the freezer, fill half way through with crushed ice, then pour equal amounts of the lemon/rosemary mix into each glass, add a splash of sparkling water and top each glass with ice all the way to the top. Finally pour about 3oz (2 shots) of the juniper and blackberry reduction in each glass. Garnish with apple slices and a blackberry and serve.
This cocktail leans toward the sour side of things, if you’d like it to be a touch more sweet you can either increase the amount of sugar or add more of the blackberry mix into the drink.
Hope you guys enjoy it! Cin cin to food styling and delicious drinks!